September 4, 11, 18, & 25, 2014 from 8:30-5:00 p.m.
This 32-hour program introduces the day-to-day aspects of supervision, as well as the basics of effective management practices and techniques. It is intended for new supervisors. It includes core supervisory and leadership skills with UCF-specific procedures and guidelines. The workshops are facilitated by subject matter experts from the UCF campus.
Normally designed in four 8-hour days (meeting once a week), the series also can be configured to meet a department’s scheduling requirements. The series is open to all UCF faculty and staff, with the only cost being a one-time $100 materials fee charged to each participant’s department by way of an Interdepartmental Transfer (initiated by our office) here .
The 10 modules of this interactive, hands-on series are:
• The Leader's Role: Focus on leadership roles, qualities, effective management styles, and strengthening cultural diversity.
• Personalities at Work/MBTI: Recognizing and effectively managing the various behavior styles that affect the workplace. This workshop is based on the Myers Briggs Type Indicator.
• Coaching and Counseling: Developing a positive attitude within the team. Also introduces an effective coaching model.
• Employment Law: Provides an understanding of the various laws affecting the workplace, and how to legally and responsibly respond to various situations surrounding those laws.
• Time Management: An in-depth look at time management and how personal planning, scheduling, and prioritizing can add to productivity. Also includes some tips for delegating, and how to deal with common "time wasters."
• Ethical Leadership: Discusses our responsibility as ethical leaders, policies & procedures, how to promote an ethical culture
• Leadership and Customer Service: An introduction to the customer service initiative on campus and the role leaders play in ensuring service excellence.
• Constructive Discipline/Performance Appraisals: Focuses on using progressive discipline as an optimum management tool; provides an understanding of specific UCF rules and procedures. Provides a review of UCF's Performance Appraisal procedure. Also covers the merits of setting goals, tracking performance, and evaluating fairly.
• Team Building: Learn to give employees the responsibility and the authority to work more effectively as individuals and as diverse team members.
• Interviewer Certification: Learn the UCF hiring process, and how to utilize behavioral interviewing techniques, while practicing affirmative action and avoiding discrimination.
The course agenda can be found here .
Register now for SUP000 MyUCF!