One night of exhibitions showcasing work that weaves together arts and technology, featuring a digital media showcase, an alumni panel, interactive projections, and demonstrations of digital storytelling, tools for historians, and videogaming.
- The Annual Digital Media Gala (Showcase, Creative Speakers Panel, and Digital Media Awards)
- Veteran’s Legacy Program (Playscript reading and mobile app demonstration)
- The Florida Review presents Aquifer, a digital journal
- Games from the Florida Interactive Entertainment Academy
- Interactive projections from the Design for New Media class
The Annual Digital Media Gala
Join us to celebrate the next generation of innovators from the UCF School of Visual Arts and Design’s Digital Media Web and Game Design programs. Play, interact and experience a showcase of work created by our best and brightest up-and-coming digital media professionals. This year’s event will include undergraduate and graduate interactive media demos, professor-mentored research, as well as a panel discussion led by industry professionals focusing on obtaining a career in the digital media industry after graduation. Finally, stay for our award ceremony where we will recognize the best of the best in our Digital Media Web and Game Design programs.
Veteran’s Legacy Program
This playscript reading and mobile app demonstration is a collaboration between UCF students, directed by Theatre UCF faculty member Holly E. McDonald and the Principal Investigators with UCF Veteran’s Legacy Program. Undergraduate students in three UCF courses researched and wrote biographies of more than 100 veterans commemorated at Florida National Cemetery. Their research focused on the experiences of individual veterans and their contribution to our national history.
Playscript Development Team Members:
- Holly E. McDonald, Project Director & Playwright, Associate Lecturer UCF School of Performing Arts
- Allison Stanley, Playwright & Performer, UCF student
- Waneka Leary, Playwright & Performer, UCF student
- Teraesa Lou, Playwright & Performer, UCF student and veteran
- Micah Renfrow, UCF student
- Sofia Pultro, UCF student
- Kayla Grey, UCF student
Veteran’s Legacy Program Primary Investigators
- Amelia Lyons, PhD, Associate Professor, UCF History Department
- Barbara Gannon, PhD, Associate Professor, UCF History Department, Army Veteran
- Amy Larner Gioux, PhD, Computer Research Specialist, UCF Center for Humanities & Digital Research
- Scot French, PhD, Associate Professor, UCF History Department
- Caroline Cheong, PhD, Assistant Professor, UCF History Department
- John Sacher, PhD, Associate Professor, UCF History Department
- Tiffany Rivera, MA, Assistant Director of Educational & Training Programs, UCF History Department
UCF Celebrates the Arts is an annual eight-day showcase featuring interactive exhibitions of student artwork and performances in Visual and Performing Arts. Tickets will be available starting March 1. For a complete schedule, ticket reservations and other information, visit the festival’s website at www.arts.ucf.edu.
Contact Information: Box Office: 407-823-1500
Location:Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts: DeVos Family Room [ View Website ]