Center for Emerging Media
500 W. Livingston Street, Orlando, FL 32801 (Next to Marriott Orlando Downtown)
This conference aims to bring together scholars and filmmakers to address how moving images depict the relationship between place and human migration.
Full schedule and information on conference can be found HERE
- Thursday, March 28, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Shifting Terrain: Images of Migration and Detention
Gallery opening with works by Dorita Hannah, Jave Yoshimoto, Hiwa K and Vukasin Nedeljkovic
- Thursday, March 28, 7:30-9:00 p.m.
Keynote Speaker: Dorita Hannah, Flickering Figures and Homing Phones: Mediating Bodies A/Part
- Friday, March 29, 9-10:30 a.m.
Keynote Speaker: Chris Lippard, Film as Refugre: Alternative Aesthetics in Contemporary Migration Films
- Friday, March 29, 3:30-5:00 p.m.
Film Screening: Abrazos and Memorias del Migrante
- Friday, March 29, 7-9:00 p.m.
Keynote Speaker: Luis Argueta: Film as Refugre: Alternative Aesthetics in Contemporary Migration Films
- Saturday, March 30, 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 noon
Film Screening: After Maria: The Two Shores and Gifts from Babylon, followed by Q&A with directors
- Saturday, March 30, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Film Screening: Food Chains, followed by Q&A with producer Smriti Keshari