The UCF College of Nursing celebrates the passage of undergraduate students into the nursing profession and honors graduate students for earning a master’s or doctoral degree. Undergraduate students are recognized with a nursing medallion, while graduate students are draped with a hood.
This very special ceremony is held at the end of spring and summer semesters prior to UCF's Commencement for all graduating nursing students. Fall graduates are invited to come back and participate in the spring ceremony. Contact email@example.com in advance to be added to our email communication list for this ceremony.
All degree-earning students (BSN, MSN, DNP, PhD) must wear graduation regalia to the ceremony (no cap); those who are not wearing regalia will not be permitted to walk in the processional or go on stage. (Contact Barnes & Noble next to UCF Arena at 407-882-0364 for deadlines to order nursing pins and regalia. Rent regalia online at http://www.herffjones.com/college/ucf) The only exception is for candidates who are certificate-earning who may choose to wear professional business attire.
Tickets will not be issued; however, we ask that you be respectful of your classmates so everyone's family and friends can enjoy this special ceremony. The recommended number of guests is 6-10 per student.
For questions, refer to the College of Nursing website at https://nursing.ucf.edu/academics/current-students/. More detailed information regarding the ceremony will be shared with all graduating students via their Knights email 4-6 weeks before the event.
Recognition Ceremony and Commencement Checklist:
- Submit your Intent to Graduate with the UCF Registrar’s Office before the published deadline.
- Student RSVP: You will receive an invitation with detailed instructions to your Knights email account. Add “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your approved contacts list. Check your spam folder, if not received. RSVP for Summer 2019
- Create your Grad Images account.
- Order your cap and gown and your nursing pin online through Herff Jones (note: the cap is only worn at commencement. Contact Barnes & Noble at UCF with any questions.).
- Make your Class Gift to receive your green graduation cord.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Location:The Venue at UCF *
*This event occurs on multiple dates/times. This event takes place at this location on this date.
Event runs on multiple dates (select event date for details)
|May 1, 2019, 5 p.m.||The Venue at UCF|
|August 1, 2019, 5 p.m.||The Venue at UCF|
|April 29, 2020, 5 p.m.||The Venue at UCF|