News Conference: Wednesday, September 25, 2019, 10 a.m.
The Fight to End Human Trafficking Comes to UCF Rosen College Classrooms
UCF partners with United Abolitionist to train hospitality students to combat crime
- Youcheng Wang, Ph.D., Dean of Rosen College of Hospitality Management
- Robertico Croes Ph.D., Associate Dean, Rosen College of Hospitality Management
- Jessica Wickey, Program Director Internships at Rosen College
- David Wixted, Internship Instructor at Rosen College
- Gisele Canova, Internship Instructor at Rosen College
- Tomas J. Lares, Founder and President, United Abolitionist
- Rich Maladecki, President/CEO Central Florida Hotel and Lodging Association
- Announcing a partnership to train the future leaders of the hospitality industry to combat human trafficking in hospitality, tourism, events, attractions, hotels and on campus
WHEN? Wednesday, September 25, 2019, 10 a.m.
WHERE? UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management; Campus building entrance gates
9907 Universal Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32819
Definition of Human Trafficking:
Under Florida Statute 787.06, Human trafficking” means transporting, soliciting, recruiting, harboring, providing, enticing, maintaining, or obtaining another person for the purpose of exploitation of that person. The Legislature finds that human trafficking is a form of modern-day slavery. Victims of human trafficking are young children, teenagers, and adults. The Legislature finds that victims of human trafficking are subjected to force, fraud, or coercion for the purpose of sexual exploitation or forced labor.
About UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management
The UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management located in Orlando, Florida, offers students an unrivaled opportunity to learn and work in the heart of hospitality. Ranked among the top five hospitality management programs worldwide, Rosen College has been an educational leader for more than 30 years. Uniquely positioned in America’s top tourism destination, we educate the next generation of industry leaders through internationally-recognized faculty, innovative academic programs, cutting-edge research and strong industry and community partnerships. To learn more, visit hospitality.ucf.edu.
About United Abolitionists
United Abolitionists (UA) is the leading agency in the U.S. connecting all organizations and resources necessary to educate, prevent, rescue and rehabilitate in the fight against modern-day slavery and exploitation. United Abolitionist exists to stop all forms of human trafficking in the United States. Many organizations tirelessly fight human trafficking on an international scale but there is so much work to be done right here in the U.S. Despite the increased media attention and legislative efforts, human trafficking remains pervasive in our country. To learn more visit https://floridaabolitionist.org/
Rosen College of Hospitality Management
9907 Universal Blvd. | Orlando, FL 32819
Media Contact: Susan Vernon-Devlin
Location:Rosen College of Hospitality Courtyard [ View Website ]