The campus community is invited to attend the Cybersecurity Expo hosted by the UCF Information Security Office and Hack@UCF. The Expo will be held Thursday, October 10, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Student Union's Pegasus Ballroom.
The Expo hall will feature tables hosted by UCF departments, the UCF Information Security Office, partners of UCF, and industry groups. Visit the Expo to:
- discover what cyber criminals can learn about you on the Internet
- see the dangers of untrusted USB drives and unsecured Wi-Fi through interactive demos
- learn how to create secure and unpredictable passphrases
- speak with members of the cyber intelligence community
- learn more about cybersecurity graduate programs offered by UCF
- get a free mobile device health checkup at the College of Medicine table
Throughout the day, the Expo will also host presentations discussing Internet safety, the emerging field of neurosecurity, and a panel discussion featuring UCF student cybersecurity competitors.
Our 10 a.m. keynote session will be provided by Detective Fiorino of the Orlando Police Department. As a member of OPD's Internet Crimes Against Children unit, she will be reviewing Internet safety for children during her session.
Come visit the Cybersecurity Expo and learn how to protect your personal information, learn about leading-edge cybersecurity research being conducted here at UCF, and speak with information security professionals. For more information, please go to https://infosec.ucf.edu/expo/ .
Location:Student Union: Pegasus Ballroom