The Safe Zone Advocates training is the second in the series and was created to further individual knowledge and understanding of LGBTQ+ issues. The training is geared toward helping attendees explore, identify, and expose cultural biases and acquire skills necessary for advocating for marginalized populations.
Participants who complete both trainings (LGBTQ+ 101 and Safe Zone Advocates) are designated as Safe Zone Advocates and can be identified by a Safe Zone placard.
- Increase insight into personal and cultural biases
- Increase awareness of the impact these biases have on interactions with LGBTQ+ individuals
- Increase comfort in addressing systemic oppressions that affect LGBTQ+ individuals
- Increase ability to identify micro-aggressions that impact LGBTQ+ individuals
- Increase comfort in discussing power, privilege, and oppression
- Acquire skills and knowledge to increase ability to advocate
- Increase understanding that being an ally is an ongoing and active process
Location:Barbara Ying Ctr. Room 140--CMMS 81 [ View Website ]