Puerto Rico Research Hub Virtual Panel October 1, 2020 from 2:30PM to 3:30PM
Registration is required, please sign up at this link.
This event will also be livestreamed on the UCF Global Youtube Channel.
With continued interest in the debt restructuring process of Puerto Rico and the corruption surrounding it, the greatest challenge at the moment is maintaining this a priority amidst other issues of concern including COVID-19 and ongoing natural disaster recovery efforts on the Island. Potential solutions loom in Congress including PRRADA and other legislation that would directly address the corruption allowed under PROMESA, and the need to help elected officials recognize the urgency to act is imperative.
This community webinar, in partnership with University of Central Florida’s Puerto Rico Research Hub, will serve to further educate Orlando-area partners on why this issue continues to be important and what they can do to raise their concerns to their elected officials.
• Dr. Fernando Rivera, Director of the Puerto Rico Research Hub
• Attorney Dan Lemisch, Mar-Bow Value Partners
• Congressman Darren Soto (D-FL, 9th District)
• Commissioner Maribel Gomez Cordero (District 4)
• Arnaldo Oliveras – Business Development & Retention Consultant, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro Orlando
We look forward to seeing you there, please view and download the event flyer, here.