Join us for the 6TH WORLD RESEARCH SUMMIT FOR HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM, Dec. 14-15, 2021, hosted by UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management, Orlando, Florida and Elsevier.
VISIT THE CONFERENCE WEBSITE
Register and Submit Abstracts. This event will be virtual.
Speakers Line-up (as of 4-21-21)
- Susanne Becken, Professor of Sustainable Tourism, Griffith University in Australia and the Principal Science Investment Advisor (Visitor) in the Department of Conservation, New Zealand
- Dimitrios Buhalis, Ph.D. Professor, Bournemouth University, is a Strategic Management and Marketing expert with specialization in Information Communication Technology applications in the Tourism, Travel, Hospitality and Leisure industries.
- Cihan Cobanoglu is the McKibbon Endowed Chair Professor of the School of Hospitality and Tourism Management (SHRM) in the Muma College of Business at the University of South Florida (USF).
- Fred DeMicco is the Executive Director and Professor in the School of Hotel and Restaurant Management at Northern Arizona University.
- Lilly Donohue has served as chief executive officer of Holiday Retirement since January 2016. With 261 communities in 43 states, Lilly leads the nation’s largest independent living provider in its mission to help older people live better.
- Randy Durband is the Chief Executive Officer of the Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC), a UN-created NGO that establishes and manages global standards for sustainability in travel and tourism.
- Alan Fyall, Ph.D. is the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, the Visit Orlando Endowed Chair for Tourism Marketing, and a Professor at the Rosen College of Hospitality Management, University of Central Florida, and is a member of UCF’s National Center for Integrated Coastal Research.
- Dr Xavier Font is Professor of Sustainability Marketing at the University of Surrey, and Professor II at the University of the Arctic in Norway. He researches and develops methods of sustainable tourism production and consumption.
- Steve Hood, Senior Vice President of Research, STR. He has been with STR for 25 years and was involved in the original development of the STAR program utilized by nearly 70,000 hotels and almost all hotel companies around the world.
- David John is Chief Operating Officer and co-founder of Entertainment Technology Partners (ETP), headquartered in Orlando, Florida. ETP is the parent company to a collection of brands that provide technical, creative, design and scenic services in the events & entertainment industry.
- Casandra Matej is the president and CEO of Visit Orlando, the destination marketing organization of the most visited destination in the U.S. and Theme Park Capital of the World. She is responsible for leading the branding, marketing, and selling of the Orlando destination globally to drive Central Florida’s $75 billion tourism industry.
- Jared Meyers is Chairman & Co-Founder Legacy Vacation Resorts and Salt Palm Development and Co-Founder B Tourism. Jared is values-driven professional utilizing his time, resources and abilities to improve social, environmental and economic issues through Certified B Corporations and the Business for Good movement.
- Abraham Pizam, Ph.D. Professor and Linda Chapin Eminent Scholar Chair in Tourism Management, UCF Rosen College of Hospitality Management. Pizam is the founding dean (2000-2018) of Rosen College of Hospitality Management at the University of Central Florida. Currently he serves as Professor and Linda Chapin Eminent Scholar Chair in Tourism Management.
- Paul Roetert, Ph.D., FACSM is the Managing Director of USTA-U with the United States Tennis Association. In this role, he oversees and guides all Coaching Education and Development programs including new USTA Accreditation Program.
- John C. Spooner, Co-Chief Executive Officer, Greystone Mr. Spooner joined Greystone in 1986 and now serves as Co-CEO. His responsibilities include managing and driving annual business performance, formulating and executing strategies for clients, and interacting with clients, employees, investors and other stakeholders.
- Arun Upneja, Ph.D. Dean and Professor, Boston University School of Hospitality Administration. As Dean, Dr. Upneja has embarked on a transformational change in SHA with a heavy emphasis on industry-relevant research combined with increase in rigor of classes, focus on globalization of curriculum and partnerships, and addition of graduate degree programs.
- Youcheng Wang, Ph.D. is the Dean and preeminent chair professor in destination marketing at the Rosen College of Hospitality Management at University of Central Florida and a fellow of the International Academy for the Study of Tourism.