Facilitator: LGBTQ+ Services
Course number: DIV241
The Safe Zone Advocates training is the second in the series and was created to further individual knowledge and understanding of LGBTQ+ issues. The training is geared toward helping attendees explore, identify, and expose cultural biases and acquire skills necessary for advocating for marginalized populations.
Participants who complete both trainings (LGBTQ+ 101 and Safe Zone Advocates) are designated as Safe Zone Advocates and can be identified by a Safe Zone placard.
- Increase insight into personal and cultural biases
- Increase awareness of the impact these biases have on interactions with LGBTQ+ individuals
- Increase comfort in addressing systemic oppressions that affect LGBTQ+ individuals
- Increase ability to identify micro-aggressions that impact LGBTQ+ individuals
- Increase comfort in discussing power, privilege, and oppression
- Acquire skills and knowledge to increase ability to advocate
- Increase understanding that being an ally is an ongoing and active process
- Faculty, A&P and USPS: Register online at my.UCF.edu. > Employee Self Service > Learning & Development > Request Training Enrollment
- Students and OPS: Email your name, course name and date, and UCFID/employee I.D. number to email@example.com.
Location:Barbara Ying Center: 140 *
*This event occurs on multiple dates/times. This event takes place at this location on this date.
Event runs on multiple dates (select event date for details)
|September 19, 2017, 10 a.m.||Barbara Ying Center: 140|
|November 8, 2017, 3 p.m.||Barbara Ying Center: 140|