The Biggest Winner challenge is a 12-week program (with a one week try out) designed to help students improve exercise and nutrition habits in order to improve total wellness, along with reducing the risk of chronic disease. Students will receive assistance and guidance from certified trainers to help implement healthy behavioral changes that will increase their quality of life. Benefits of participating include but are not limited to:
- Learn how to maximize gains from physical activity
- Small Group Training Sessions
- Education on healthier food choices
- Have fun in the process!
Criteria for selection:
- A current University of Central Florida Student (registered for Spring 2018)
- A recent physical examination
- Sedentary lifestyle: not participating in at least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity on at least three days/week for at least three months
- Body mass index > 30kg/m^2 or waist girth > 102 cm (40 inches) for men > 80cm (35 inches) for women
- Must provide current height and weight
- Committed to 3 hours of personal training sessions and 3 hours of individual training per week (sessions with trainers will be in the early morning)
- Gold Team- Monday and Wednesday at 7:00am to 8:30am, Friday 7:00am to 8:30am
- Black Team- Tuesday and Thursday at 7:00am to 8:30am, Friday 7:00am to 8:30am
- ** Times subject to change pending teams and trainers availability, but they will be in the morning.
- Attend weekly weigh-ins and competitions
- Completed application and essay describing why you should be selected to participate
- Must attend week-long try out at 7:00am Monday-Friday
Submit the completed application in person to the administration office or send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location:Recreation and Wellness Center