ADVANCE YOUR GOVERNMENT CONTRACTING EFFORTS
Our annual Government Matchmaking Event is back, but with a new format. Now meet with as many agencies as you can within a two (2) hour time span.
Best of all there are no agency appointments – allowing everyone the same opportunity to meet any agency!
NO AGENCY APPOINTMENTS! This year you will not have a schedule of meetings but instead you will be assigned to a ‘networking window’ where you will be able to move from agency to agency much like you would at a trade show. Best of all no agency gets “closed out” so every attendee has the same opportunity to meet with every agency.
- We expect this format to sell out quickly so register for an available time slot TODAY!.
- More than 25 agencies and prime contractors will be available
- No scheduled meetings. Just come and speak with the agencies of your choice!
- Customize your meeting strategy – try to meet with as many agencies as you can…
- …OR target specific agencies to meet (this strategy may require waiting in queue)
- No limit to the number of agencies. Meet as many as time, and your strategy, allow!
- Great opportunity to start new agency relationships or advance existing ones.
Agencies attending this year are:
- Army Core of Engineers (Jacksonville, FL)
- Boeing Company
- Central Florida Expressway Authority
- City of Orlando
- Harris Corporation
- Lockheed Martin
- My Florida Marketplace
- Orange County Public Schools
- Osceola County
- Florida Office of Supplier Diversity
- Patrick AFB
- Port Canaveral
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Seminole County
- University of Central Florida
Program and agency participation is subject to change. Visit website for complete up to date listing.
How this Event Works
- Each person will register for 1 of 3, two hour time windows
- Each ‘time window’ will consist of – 30 minutes of overview and debrief with the Florida PTAC team and 90 minutes to meet with agencies. The overview and debrief are mandatory components.
- Additional time windows will require additional registrations
- The cost is $50 per person per time window.
- Within the 90 minute window, you will have 10 minute segments to meet with agencies We will notify you when the 10 minute segment is complete to move onto your next
- During the ten minutes, you can present your customized ‘elevator speech’, offer your Capabilities Statement, explore the agency’s buying forecast, or advance an already existing relationship.
- We will ask that you be respectful of everyone’s time by promptly moving to the next agency after each 10 minute segment is complete.
- Unlike previous years, there will be no exiting the room between agency meetings and no appointments. Each person will meet with their desired agencies on a first come, first served basis.
- When your two-hour time window is complete, you are done – no need to come back for appointments later in the day. (Unless you have registered for more than one time window).
- Please come to matchmaking event at least 20 minutes before your time window begins. If you’re time window isn’t the first time window, there is no need to be at the matchmaking event at 8:00 am.
- Only registered individuals that are registered for their corresponding time windows will be allowed to be in the matchmaking rooms. All others will wait in the waiting area.
- Pre-registration is required as space is limited. “No walk-ins” allowed under any circumstances.
Is this Event for Me?
This matchmaking event is designed for more experienced government contractors. Businesses that are new to government contracting may get frustrated and find the process ineffective. Three questions to ask yourself are:
1 – Has your business been generating revenue for at least the past two (2) years?
2 – Is your business a registered vendor in some combination of SAM, or MFMP, or local agencies?
3 – Do you have a “Capability Statement”?
If you answered “yes” to each of these questions then this event could be a great next step in your government contracting efforts!
Fee: $50 per person
Location:Florida SBDC at UCF [ View Website ]