Facilitator: Dr. Ann Gleig and Dr. Jeanine Viau
Imagine not being able to eat anything at the office holiday party because no one thought about your religious dietary restrictions, or worse, imagine having to hide your religious beliefs for fear of being ostracized, mistreated or even fired. The purpose of this workshop is to learn about and reflect on religious minority experience and vulnerability, especially for those who are part of the UCF community. We will organize our work together according to three objectives:
- To foster literacy of religious diversity in America and our local communities
- To replace stereotypes with cultural sensitivity and competency
- To learn practical applications for the classroom and the workplace
We hope to provide a space for meaningful discussion and tools for dispelling misinformation and prejudice. For more information, please contact the co-facilitators, Drs. Ann Gleig (email@example.com) and Jeanine Viau (firstname.lastname@example.org) from the Philosophy Department’s Religion & Cultural Studies program.
- Faculty, A&P and USPS: Register online at my.UCF.edu.
- Students and OPS: Email your name, phone number and PID/employee I.D. number to email@example.com.
For more information, visit https://diversity.ucf.edu/training/this-semester.
Location:Teaching Academy: 117