Mary Jo Assi, DNP, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN
SVP Clinical Excellence Solutions and
Associate Chief Nursing Officer at Press Ganey
First Do No Harm: Accelerating the Journey to High Reliability
Is it really possible to achieve zero harm? Findings in many industries, including healthcare, support that a commitment to zero harm is a critical first step to implementing a culture of safety. Join Mary Jo Assi to learn more about key principles of high reliability, how it is connected to the Magnet journey, why nurses are key stakeholders and leaders in that work, and the importance of the academic-clinical nursing partnership to achieve goals.
After the lecture, attendees will be able to:
- Recognize the connection between Magnet and high-reliability frameworks that can accelerate the journey to nursing excellence.
- List the three types of human errors common in the health care setting.
- Describe the primary purpose of a just culture framework.
- Discuss three best nursing practices that promote a culture of safety and high reliability.
- Discuss the importance of a strong academic and clinical nursing partnership to achieve goals.
Attendees will earn 2.0 nursing contact hours.
DEADLINE to RSVP: Wednesday, October 23
Questions? Contact us:
UCF College of Nursing Events
Location:DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando East- UCF Area [ View Website ]