Come to learn, network and meet your local retired NFL players!
Saturday, January 27, 2018, 12 to 3:30 p.m.
UCF Fairwinds Alumni Center
12676 Gemini Blvd
Orlando, FL 32816
This event begins with a champagne luncheon with former NFL Pros (included in ticket price) honoring retired NFL players who attended UCF, including Bobby Spitulski (Seattle Seahawks linebacker), Rick Hamilton (Washington Redskins linebacker), Marquette Smith (Carolina Panthers running back) and Elgin Davis (New England Patriots running back).
Lunch will be followed by an exciting symposium on athlete health! Topics include mental health issues at retirement from sports, treatments for post-concussive symptoms, consequences of steroid use, supplements for brain health and how athletes can give back to their communities.
With invited presentations by:
- Dale Whittaker, Ph.D., (UCF Provost and Executive Vice President)
- Andre Collins (Executive Director of NFLPA Professional Athletes Foundation;former outside linebacker for Super Bowl XXVI Champions Washington Redskins)
- Richard Lapchick, Ph.D., (Chair, UCF DeVos Sport Business Management Program; Director, Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sport; Director, National Consortium for Academics and Sports)
- Jay Hoffman, Ph.D., (Director of the UCF Institute of Exercise Physiology and Wellness)
- Anthony LoGalbo, Ph.D., (Clinical Co-Director, Florida Hospital Sports Concussion Management Program; affiliate of the UCF Clinical Psychology Ph.D. training program)
- Dr. Jeff Brady (Florida Urology Associates)
The event will also feature a health expo to provide information about advanced health products and services including product giveaways.
Tickets are limited. Purchase your ticket now for an early-bird price good through January 19.