University of Central Florida
UCF 2020 Graduate and Professional Schools Virtual Fair
October 14, 2020 | 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Students must pre-register for the fair to meet with recruiters through Handshake. Registration will open on Thursday, October 1, 2020.
For instructions on how to register and sign up to meet with recruiters, click here.
Additional reminders will be posted on UCF Career Services social media outlets and through Handshake.
This is your chance to connect with organizations, virtually, who are recruiting students for post-graduate programs. Virtual fairs are online 'events' that allow students and organizations to meet in virtual environments such as through voice calls or video chat rooms.
Suggestions for a Professional Virtual Presence:
- Professional Attire Encouraged: Professional suit with jacket, blouse, or button-down collar shirt, tie if applicable. Freshly groomed hair (facial hair included).
- Background: Plain, solid color background. Clear out clutter, garbage, inappropriate décor.
- Lighting and Sound: Natural lighting near window is best, otherwise proficient lighting near face. Quiet space, no background music, TV.
- Webcam Framing: Face should be evenly centered on screen (beware of too much headspace or cropping off the top of your head). Maintain eye contact through the webcam.
- Be Prepared:
- Be sure to check out Handshake's Guide to Attending a Virtual Fair
- Research organizations you are interested in speaking with in advance. For a list of participating organizations, click here.
- Organizations will identify which programs they are recruiting for (Graduate, Health, or Law) within their group/one-on-one session titles. You can meet with more than 1 organization during the event.
- Check Handshake for Career Services Virtual Etiquette workshops, or find video resources via the Career Services Facebook.