Training by the UCF Libraries and Web of Science (WoS) to meet the potential needs such as: citation for T&P, grant application, prestigious awards, identifying quality publications, collaborators and funders. Six sessions covering various topics for mid-career or early-career faculty. Sign up for any or all. Snacks, coffee and lunch provided.
Wednesday October 18, 2017
- 10 – 10:15 am Registration and social
- 10:15 – 10:20 Opening remark
- 10:20-10:50 Web of Science demo on cited searches, including citations for journal, book, conference proceedings, patents and data
- 10:50-11:10 UCF Library services on citation searches
- 11:10 – 11:20 Break
- 11:20-noon What WoS numbers mean – highly cited, hot paper…
- Noon – 1: 15pm Lunch
- 1:15-1:55 Journal Citation Reports (JCR) and impact factors
- 1:55-2:10 UCF Library resources on finding journals to publish
- 2:10-2:20 Break
- 2:15-2:50 WoS Demo on funding agencies, organization searches
- 2:50 – 3 Q&A
RSVP by October 11, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location:John C. Hitt Library: 223