Orlando, FL (October 18, 2017) – The University of Central Florida Recreation and Wellness Center continues its commitment to fulfilling one of UCF President John Hitt’s key goals of becoming a more inclusive and diverse university with its annual Inclusive Recreation Expo. Over the past six years, UCF Knights of all abilities have enjoyed the opportunity to learn more about the equipment, programs and services the RWC offers to students with disabilities on campus.
Imagine scoring a basket from a wheelchair or scoring a goal blindfolded. Attendees will have an opportunity to try those activities and more throughout the day at the RWC’s main building Court 1 (Gemini Boulevard South across from Parking Garage B) Wednesday, October 18, 2017 from 3pm-8pm. The activities include:
- 9:30am-10:30am Blindfold Yoga (RWC Multipurpose Room #245)
- 12:00pm-1:00pm Blindfold Yoga (RWC @ Knights Plaza)
- 3:15pm-4:00pm Wheelchair Tennis (Court 1 Main RWC)
- 4:00pm-5:00pm Goalball and Sitting Volleyball (Courts 1 & 2)
- 5:00pm-6:00pm Unified Basketball (Court 1 Main RWC)
- 6:00pm-7:00pm Wheelchair Basketball Clinic with Orlando Magic Wheels (Court 1 Main RWC)
The RWC’s Adaptive and Inclusive Recreation Program is known nationally for its progressive programming which includes access to equipment and services for students with disabilities including but not limited to:
- The Student Assisted Workout (S.A.W.) Program
- Equipment such as: Krank Cycles, a Nu-Step Machine, an adaptive kayak and a Haul System used at the Climbing Tower
- Intramural Sports Tournaments for wheelchair basketball and beep baseball
- And for the second consecutive year, Intramural Sports leagues in Sitting Volleyball and Goalball.
The UCF RWC is funded by the Student Government Association. Comprehensive and diverse programs like Adaptive and Inclusive Recreation are part of the RWC’s mission and goals to continually enrich campus life and advance UCF’s educational mission for all students. For more information and questions about the expo, please contact Andrea Snead at (407) 823-2408 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also go to the RWC homepage: http://rec.ucf.edu/
Location:Recreation and Wellness Center