Safe Zone Advocates training is the second in the series and was created to further individual knowledge and understanding of LGBTQ+ issues. The training is geared toward helping attendees explore, identify, and expose cultural biases and acquire skills necessary for advocating for marginalized populations.
Participants who complete both trainings (LGBTQ+ 101 and Safe Zone Advocates) are designated as Safe Zone Advocates and can be identified by a Safe Zone placard.
* Increase insight into personal and cultural biases
* Increase awareness of the impact these biases have on interactions
with LGBTQ+ individuals
* Increase comfort in addressing systemic oppressions that affect
LGBTQ+ individuals * Increase ability to identify micro-aggressions that impact LGBTQ+
*Increase comfort in discussing power, privilege, and oppression
* Acquire skills and knowledge to increase ability to advocate
* Increase understanding that being an ally is an ongoing and active
Location:Barbara Ying Center: 140 *
*This event occurs on multiple dates/times. This event takes place at this location on this date.
Event runs on multiple dates (select event date for details)
|January 28, 2020, 3 p.m.||Barbara Ying Center: 140|
|March 4, 2020, 10 a.m.||Barbara Ying Center: 140|
|April 9, 2020, 10 a.m.||Barbara Ying Center: 140|