UCF Fall 2021 2-Day Virtual Career Expo
September 22, 2021 | 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. All Majors day
September 23, 2021 | 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Technical day
Registration is separate for each day of participation. Please Note: To participate in both days (All Majors Day and Technical Day), you will need to register and sign up for each fair day.
The Expo will take place via Handshake’s virtual platform.
Getting Started: How to Participate in the Virtual Fair
Why do I have to sign up in advance?
- Recruiters may have limited availability, so appointments are first-come, first-served. In order to meet with employers and sign up for virtual one-on-one or group sessions, you will have to take a few steps (see below) in advance of the fair date.
- For detailed instructions on how to register and sign up to meet with recruiters, click here.
How can I get started?
- In order to sign up for sessions with employers, you must be registered for the fair. Registration is separate for each day of participation. Please Note: To participate in both days (All Majors Day and Technical Day), you will need to register and sign up for each fair day.
- Registration and Sign-Ups for time slots will be available starting on the same date and will be open early September 2021 in Handshake. We will send out additional instructions closer to that date.
- After you have registered, you will be able to sign up for one-on-one and group sessions with employers.
- Registration is easy through Handshake. You can search for the fair directly in Handshake's Fairs section, or:
- Click the "Register/Join Event" button, answer a few quick questions, click "Finish," and you’re ready to sign up for appointments! Recruiters will set up their schedules in the Handshake fair and you can pick an available time that works well for you.
What else I do I need to do?
- Within the fair page, navigate to the Available Sessions tab in the upper-left of the page, below the fair title and date/time. You can come back to this tab at any time to register for more sessions, even during the fair!
- You should also check back every few days leading up to the event, because more employers may sign up or add additional schedules.
- Be sure to select a time that you know you will be able to attend. If you decide you are no longer able to attend that session, “leave” the session so that it becomes available for another student.
- For instructions on how to “leave/cancel” a session, click this link and then select “Managing session RSVPs.”
Where can I go for questions the day of the fair?
UCF Career Services staff will be available via Zoom to assist with troubleshooting and other questions/concerns during the UCF Fall 2021 2-Day Virtual Career Expo on September 22nd & 23rd. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information on the support lobby via zoom will be available in the near future.
Resources for Students
Suggestions for a Professional Virtual Presence:
- Professional Attire Encouraged: Professional suit with jacket, blouse, or button-down collar shirt, tie if applicable. Freshly groomed hair (facial hair included).
- Background: Plain, solid color background. Clear out clutter, garbage, inappropriate décor.
- Lighting and Sound: Natural lighting near window is best, otherwise proficient lighting near face. Quiet space, no background music, TV.
- Webcam Framing: Face should be evenly centered on screen (beware of too much headspace or cropping off the top of your head). Maintain eye contact through the webcam.
- Be Prepared: Search Handshake for Career Services Virtual Etiquette workshops, or find video resources via the Career Services Facebook.