Must attend all four programs to receive completion certificate.
Course number: DIV201 (Parts 1 & 2), DIV202 (Parts 3 & 4)
Facilitator: Barbara Thompson
Based on the four-part DVD series, The Rise and Fall of Jim Crow, this workshop offers a comprehensive look at race relations in the United States between the Civil War and the Civil Rights Movement. This workshop documents the context in which the laws of segregation known as the “Jim Crow” system originated and developed.
- Programs 1 & 2: Tuesday, October 3 from 1pm-5pm
- Programs 3 & 4: Tuesday, October 10 from 1pm-5pm
- Program 1: Promises Betrayed (1865-1896)
- Program 2: Fighting Back (1896-1917)
- Program 3: Don’t Shout Too Soon (1917-1940)
- Program 4: Terror and Triumph (1940-1954)
- Faculty, A&P and USPS: Register online at my.UCF.edu. > Employee Self Service > Learning & Development > Request Training Enrollment
- Students and OPS: Email your name, course name and date, and UCFID/employee I.D. number to email@example.com.
For more information, visit https://diversity.ucf.edu/training/.
Location:Barbara Ying Center: 140 *
*This event occurs on multiple dates/times. This event takes place at this location on this date.
Event runs on multiple dates (select event date for details)
|October 3, 2017, 1 p.m.||Barbara Ying Center: 140|
|October 10, 2017, 1 p.m.||Barbara Ying Center: 140|