Cyber attacks on small businesses are on the rise. In 2016, 43 percent of all attacks worldwide were targeted at small businesses with less than 250 employees, according to the cybersecurity firm Symantec’s 2016 Internet Security Threat Report. While no technology or program can stop every attack, taking basic precautions can significantly reduce the risk of your business falling victim. To survive in the online economy, it is extremely important that small businesses develop a cybersecurity strategy, and the Florida SBDC is here to help with this 3 part workshop.
Workshop Part 1: Cybersecurity Basics
Attendees will gain an understanding of the basics in Cybersecurity and how to protect your business from threats that could potentially close your business.
- Threats to Small Businesses
- Why Security Matters to Your Business
- Remediation Practices
- Cybersecurity Resources to Help Protect Your Business
Workshop Part 2: Case Studies in Cybersecurity
Explore practical cybersecurity through a series of case studies from cases that you’ve heard of, and many that you haven’t. Learn from the mistakes of others!
Workshop Part 3: Cybersecurity Compliance
Understand your responsibilities in Cybersecurity legal and regulatory compliance and how to get started.
- National Institute of Standards and Technology’s newly implemented NIST 800-171
- The soon to be implemented General Data Protection Regulation
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Payment Card Industry Data
Location:Florida SBDC at UCF [ View Website ]