On October 1, 2016, the Small Business Administration (SBA) started the recently expanded Mentor Protégé Program, which was previously only open to 8(a) socially and economically disadvantaged small businesses!
Now ALL OTHER SMALL BUSINESSES can participate in the SBA’s Mentor Protégé Program and take full advantage of Joint Venturing and other Business Development Opportunities previously only available to 8(a) businesses.
The new program also opens up opportunities to large business contractors to participate as Mentors. Importantly, under this initiative SBA-approved Mentors can provide assistance and resources to Protégés (and joint venture with them for set-aside procurements) WITHOUT any size or affiliation concerns.
During this session, an SBA representative will explain – in plain language – how to take advantage of the NEW Small Business Mentor Protégé Program. The workshop will address how to create a Mentor Protégé Agreement that complies with the regulations, and attendees will learn all the information they need to prepare and apply for the Small Business Mentor Protégé Program. We will also provide information on Joint Venturing requirements which allow a Large Mentor and a Small Protégé to Joint Venture together on set-aside contracts. You will learn the criteria for:
- Who can participate as a Protégé and/or a Mentor
- Program specifics: duration, business development assistance, etc.
- Preparation of a business plan for your Mentor-Protégé proposal
- How the SBA will evaluate your Mentor-Protégé plan
- In addition, you will be invited to participate where in the Fall 2018 Mentor-Protégé Connect Event sponsored by UCF PTAC, and more…
Speaker(s): Ed Ramos, Senior Area Manager, US Small Business Administration
Fee: No Cost
Location:Florida SBDC at UCF [ View Website ]