Presented by Steven South, FSBDC at UCF Government Contracting Specialist
Federal, State, and Local Government procurement is the largest target market in the world. The question is usually not “Does the government buy what you are selling?”...it is more “Can you be competitive enough and relentless enough to position your business to win government contracts?”. If you think you can be competitive, then government contracting may be a good growth opportunity for your business.
The Florida SBDC at UCF’s “Introduction to Government Contracting” seminar is designed for established small business owners with some commercial momentum that are curious about government contracting, as well as business owners that may already be involved in government contracting. The workshop is based on a 10-step framework that helps newer contractors understand the process and helps more experienced contractors identify opportunities to ‘backfill’ best practices in their efforts. The ten steps that will be discussed are:
- Is Your Business Ready? Strategic planning priorities for government contractors.
- Target Markets. What agencies are buying what you are selling?
- Registration. You need to register as a vendor at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Certifications. Position your business to take advantage of ‘set-aside’ opportunities.
- Embrace Education. You have to become a student of government contracting.
- Core Marketing Tools. Five (5) basic marketing tools for government contracting.
- Networking Plan. If you learn about a bid when it’s posted – it’s likely you’ll lose.
- Capture Plan. How will you define what to pursue and what to ignore?
- Bid Response Strategy. It takes time and resources to prepare a response.
- Contract Management. Best practices to keep in mind as you start a new contract.
You will also have the opportunity to network with other small business owners and learn about the Florida SBDC’s “Bid-Match” service that can be a helpful marketing research tool.
Join us for this great learning opportunity.
For more information, visit our website at www.sbdcorlando.com
Location:Florida SBDC at UCF [ View Website ]